Schedule A Visit
To schedule a visit, call 1-800-413-6013. You will meet with an admissions representative who will answer all of your questions. Prepare to be inspired!
– A prospective student seeking admission to Douglas Education Center must be a high school graduate or hold a General Education Development (GED) Diploma.
– High school seniors who have not yet graduated should submit a partial transcript, which indicates their expected graduation date. Upon graduation an official transcript is required.
Douglas Education Center admits, trains and refers students without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex or handicap. Douglas Education Center does not discriminate against the “legally protected individual.”
2. Complete and sign the application form and mail it to the school. An application fee of fifty dollars ($50) must accompany the application. Students receiving TAA funding are not required to make payment. The TAA Agency will pay the application fee directly to Douglas Education Center after the student completes their first semester. The fee can be paid in any of the following manners:
– Personal or Certified Check
– Money Order
– MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express
– Agency Funding Resources
3. Request an official high school transcript be sent directly to the Admissions Department. Applicants who have taken the GED Exam must submit official evidence of satisfactory performance.
4. Furnish the Admissions Department with post-secondary official transcripts. When applying for transfer of credit you must also supply course descriptions.
All transfer of credit requests must be submitted to the Vice President of Academic Affairs no later than two weeks after the semester start date of the student’s first semester attending Douglas Education Center. No transfer of credit requests will be accepted after this date. No exceptions.
5. The Admissions Department will contact you at this point.
Douglas Education Center
Attn: Admissions Department
130 Seventh Street
Monessen, PA 15062
(724) 684-3684 Ext. 2100
1-800-413-6013 Ext. 2100
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– All programs require successful completion of the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Examination with a minimum score of 17.
– Medical Assisant students enrolling at Douglas Education Center must have a completed health clearance from a licensed physician before beginning school.
– Data obtained is evaluated by the Admissions Department and determination is made if the applicant will benefit from our training. If it is determined that the applicant could benefit, then he/she is accepted; otherwise, he/she is not accepted. The application fee is fully refundable if the applicant is denied acceptance.
– Sign an Enrollment Agreement. This represents a contractual agreement between the student and the school.
– Those accepted will receive a formal letter of acceptance.
Time of Entrance
In order to allow enough time for receiving transcripts, interviewing, and financial aid processing, the prospective student should apply as early as possible. By applying well in advance of the starting semester, the prospective student has a greater chance of securing enrollment.
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
Pursuant to this Act of 1974, a student has the right to inspect his/her educational records, maintained by the school. A student who desires to review his/her student file must make a written request to the President of Douglas Education Center.