- Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program
- The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program
- Allan and Wilson’s Digital Illustration Program
- Dorian’s Fantasy Art Program
- Graphic Design & Web Program
- The Cosmetology Programs
- The Allied Health Programs
- The Energy Trade Programs
- About DEC
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Career Services
Douglas Education Center’s Career Services Department strives to send each student into the professional world, with the strength and confidence to succeed. We support the academic and professional growth of each student and alumnus by offering services help develop career goals, pursue those goals, attain practical experience and achieve long term career success. Individual and group counseling is available to teach the skills required to search for and obtain meaningful employment (i.e., identifying and assessing work content skills, writing resumes and application letters, gaining the competitive edge through non-traditional job-search methods, company research, developing portfolios, dressing professionally, and preparing for interviews).
DEC College Central Network
Your source for everything career-related – find job opportunities specifically for DEC alumni, search the nation’s largest entry-level job board, build and submit your resume and portfolio and access hundreds of job search advice materials.
Receive real-time job opportunities and stay in touch with your Career Services advisors.
DEC Employer Database
To access a nationwide listing of Special Effects, Art, FX Shops, Film, Video, and related companies click here.
This is a password protected list for our students and alumni only.
If you are a student or alumni and have forgotten the password, please email Career Services with your name and graduation date. Once verified we will email you the password.
Career Services / Library Staff
Donna Stairs // Director of Career Services
Melissa Santangelo // Career Services Coordinator
B.S. Business Management, University of Pittsburgh
Len DiNaples // Career Services Coordinator
Rick Szymanski // Portfolio Coordinator
B.A. Advertising & Public Relations, Point Park University
Lauren Altobelli // Career Services Assistant
Download Student Catalog Here
- New Student Lounge is Great Place for Students to Relax, Study - There is a new spot on the Douglas Education Center campus for students to relax, study, and grab a bite… More
- Illustration Student Aaron Raybuck Shows Work at Two Pittsburgh Art Festivals - “Art is my main passion. I love the way emotions can be brought out from different techniques or subjects in… More
- DEC Announces Hybrid Online Medical Assistant Program To Start Fall 2014 - MONESSEN, PA, JULY 17, 2014 – An exciting hybrid online Medical Assistant Program will start on October 2, 2014 at… More