- Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program
- The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program
- Allan and Wilson’s Digital Illustration Program
- Dorian’s Fantasy Art Program
- Graphic Design & Web Program
- The Cosmetology Programs
- The Allied Health Programs
- The Skilled Trades Programs
- About DEC
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Career Services
Douglas Education Center’s Career Services Department strives to send each student into the professional world, with the strength and confidence to succeed. We support the academic and professional growth of each student and alumnus by offering services help develop career goals, pursue those goals, attain practical experience and achieve long term career success. Individual and group counseling is available to teach the skills required to search for and obtain meaningful employment (i.e., identifying and assessing work content skills, writing resumes and application letters, gaining the competitive edge through non-traditional job-search methods, company research, developing portfolios, dressing professionally, and preparing for interviews).
DEC College Central Network
Your source for everything career-related – find job opportunities specifically for DEC alumni, search the nation’s largest entry-level job board, build and submit your resume and portfolio and access hundreds of job search advice materials.
Receive real-time job opportunities and stay in touch with your Career Services advisors.
DEC Employer Database
To access a nationwide listing of Special Effects, Art, FX Shops, Film, Video, and related companies click here.
This is a password protected list for our students and alumni only.
If you are a student or alumni and have forgotten the password, please email Career Services with your name and graduation date. Once verified we will email you the password.
Career Services / Library Staff
Lauri Aston // Director of Career Services
Len DiNaples // Career Services Coordinator
Angela Phillips // Career Services Coordinator
Rick Szymanski // Portfolio Coordinator
B.A. Point Park University
Download Student Catalog Here
- Douglas Education Center and the Private Industry Council of Westmoreland-Fayette, Inc Partner to Work with Local Youth - Douglas Education Center (DEC), in conjunction with the Private Industry Council of Westmoreland-Fayette, Inc., hosted a Vocational Training and Drug Prevention Program through a grant from the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board. The students involved are residents of Monessen and the Mon Valley region. Brennan Aldrich, Kendrick Blackman, Chanel Bristol, Kyla Davis, Makayla Davis, David Diggs, Caitlin Frost, Marcel Taylor and Tyler Yuille took part in the skills training program. “The […]
- Stephen Dixon The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program Graduate - Stephen Dixon The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program Graduate Stephen Dixon grew up in an area close to Douglas Education Center. His friends in high school all talked about the Savini Program, so when Stephen graduated from high school where he took many AV classes it was only fitting that with his growing interest in film he would attend DEC. But, life has a way of changing plans and at the time of making […]
- Nora Hewitt Scholarship Winner: Ryan Woods - Ryan Woods: Student Matters Spotlight Meet Ryan Woods, the first recipient of the Nora Hewitt Scholarship – Dedication to Excellence and Creativity and future Douglas Education Center student. Ryan was one of many participants to enter the contest and even though Nora thought all the portfolios received and reviewed were “amazing,” Ryan’s stood out well enough to be chosen as the first recipient. Nora made the announcement via a phone […]