The minute you step into Douglas Education Center (DEC) you will begin to pursue your career and we are here to help you with the journey. You will be surrounded by instructors that are industry professionals, as well as an experienced administrative staff that care about your education and future. The Career Service staff will reach out to you early and often to get to know you and to help us understand your goals. We will work side-by-side with you to assist you along your way here at DEC.
The Career Service staff will assist you by helping to identify industries and companies where there may be potential opportunities for employment. We created The Concierge Service, which is exclusive to DEC, this enables us to provide you with the custom databases of potential employers located within a 5- to 100-mile radius around any zip code in the nation. We also continually work to develop relationships with key employers for each of DEC’s programs, while at the same time researching new markets where job opportunities may exist.
Our services provides you with:
– Career Services Orientation
– Access to a Professional Photographer in the Portfolio and Career Development Center
– Resume and cover letter assistance
– Social Networking
– Personal web sites and profiles
– A Customized job search by area anywhere in the WORLD you want to live and work
– A breakdown of industries that match your skills
– A list of potential employers within 100 miles of your choice
– Initial new employer contact assistance
– Introductory letter from Career Services
– Samples of your work sent to employers
– Interview coordination
And much, much more!!!!!