- Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program
- The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program
- Allan and Wilson’s Digital Illustration Program
- Dorian’s Fantasy Art Program
- Graphic Design & Web Program
- The Cosmetology Programs
- The Allied Health Programs
- The Energy Trade Programs
- About DEC
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Career Services
MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAMASSOCIATE IN SPECIALIZED BUSINESS DEGREE PROGRAM
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST INFORMATION
What is Hybrid Learning?
Affordable. Convenient. Flexible.
The NEW Medical Assistant Program at DEC is an engaging and interactive program that is taught both online and on-ground! This exciting new program has been designed to provide the convenient and flexible schedule working adult’s need. Students complete academic work online and reinforce the application of this knowledge during on campus lab sessions in a collaborative learning environment.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the high demand for medical assistant professionals is expected to grow 29% from 2012 – 2022. The Medical Assistant Program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary for entry-level medical assisting positions. Students will be prepared to function as a clinical and office professional for the physician, or obtain employment in hospital departments, such as laboratory or EKG.
All students will participate in hands-on Community Clinical Experiences that will allow them to practice clinic skills on various age groups in the community at local events as part of class time.
What is Hybrid Learning?
“Hybrid learning” is a unique course design that combines hands-on, face-to-face class time (on ground) with online and away-from-class course working using technology. This blended learning method is developed to provide a hands-on learning experience coupled with a flexible schedule. The method of delivery of each course (based on achieving the ultimate in learning experience) will be one of these three methods:
- Courses that are 100% on ground (defined as an on-ground course)
- Courses that are 100% online (defined as an online course)
- Courses that are partly on ground and party online (defined as a hybrid course)
Do you want to work in a career where every day brings new challenges and opportunities in patient care? Accelerate your career today by enrolling in DEC’s Medical Assistant Program! This is your life. This is your dream. OWN IT.
- Phlebotomy Skills
- Electronic Records
- And More!
EMPLOYERS OF DEC ALUMNI INCLUDE:
- American Medical
- Central Blood Bank
- Centerville Clinic
- Davenport Hall
- Homestead Unlimited
- Laurel Pediatrics
- Monongahela Valley Hospital
- Prime Medical Group
- Western PA Diagnostics
- UPMC Shadyside
Ellen Pritchard, R.N. // Director of Medical Programs
Diploma, Washington Hospital School of Nursing | Certificate as a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from National Allied Health Test Registry
Roseann Ferrara-Love // Instructor
DNP Carlow College | MSN Duquesne University | BSN Carlow College | A.S. Community College of Allegheny County
JoAnn Bullard // Instructor
M. Ed. Carlow University | B.S. Point Park University
- 24/7 Online Tech Support
- Dedicated Online Operations and Information Technology staff
- Tutoring available online (Skype, webinar, chat, etc.) and on ground (one-on-one)
- Caring and understanding faculty and administration to help you succeed in your career and in your life.
- No boring online standard courses. Each course is interactive and was customized in house.
- Less expensive than most 100% on ground programs. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Career Services Department to assist you in career advice and career counseling.
Download Student Catalog Here