- Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program
- The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program
- Allan and Wilson’s Digital Illustration Program
- Dorian’s Fantasy Art Program
- Graphic Design & Web Program
- The Cosmetology Programs
- The Allied Health Programs
- The Energy Trade Programs
- About DEC
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Career Services
MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAMASSOCIATE IN SPECIALIZED BUSINESS DEGREE PROGRAM
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST INFORMATION FROM OUR ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
What is Hybrid Learning?
THE PROGRAMPROGRAM COVERSCERTIFICATIONSALUMNI SUCCESS
Affordable. Convenient. Flexible.
The Medical Assistant Program at DEC is an engaging and interactive program that is taught both online and on-ground! This program is designed with the working adult in mind. Students complete academic work online and reinforce the application of this knowledge during on-campus lab sessions in a collaborative learning environment.
The Medical Assistant Program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary for entry-level medical assisting positions. Students will be prepared to function as clinical and office professionals for physicians, or to obtain employment in hospital departments, such as laboratory or EKG.
As part of class time, all students will participate in hands-on Community Clinical Experiences that will allow them to practice clinic skills on various age groups.
What is Hybrid Learning?
“Hybrid learning” is a unique course design that combines hands-on, face-to-face class time (on-ground) with online and away-from-class course work using technology. This blended learning method is developed to provide a hands-on learning experience coupled with a flexible schedule. The method of delivery of each course (to achieve the ultimate in learning experience) will be one of these two methods:
- Courses that are 100% online (defined as an online course)
- Courses that are partly on ground and party online (defined as a hybrid course)
Do you want to work in a career where every day brings new challenges and opportunities in patient care? Accelerate your career today by enrolling in DEC’s Medical Assistant Program!
This is your life. This is your dream. OWN IT.
- Phlebotomy Skills
- Electronic Records
- And More!
Program graduates who successfully complete the program are eligible for Certification in NAHP Medical Assisting, Certification in HAAHP Medical Coding, Certification in NAHP Phlebotomy, CRP Certification, and First Aid Certification. DEC graduates have consistently scored above the national average. Certification may open doors to higher earning potential and career advancement.
EMPLOYERS OF DEC ALUMNI INCLUDE:
- American Medical
- Monongahela Valley Hospital
- Central Blood Bank
- Centerville Clinic
- Davenport Hall
- Homestead Unlimited
- Laurel Pediatrics
- Prime Medical Group
- Western PA Diagnostics
- UPMC Shadyside
- Dr. George Toohey
- Valley Women’s Health
- Prime Medical
- Dr. Rayon Office
Ellen Pritchard, R.N. // Director of Allied Health Programs
R.N. Washington Hospital School of Nursing | Certificate as Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from National Allied Health Test Registry | Certificate as Nationally Registered Certified Coding Specialist from National Allied Health Test Registry
Roseann Ferrara-Love // Instructor
DNP Carlow College | MSN Duquesne University | BSN Carlow College | A.S. Community College of Allegheny County
Raelynn Jackson // Instructor
Dual A.S.B. Douglas Education Center | Certificate as a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from National Allied Health Test Registry
- 24/7 Online Tech Support
- Dedicated Online Operations and Information Technology staff
- Tutoring available online (Skype, webinar, chat, etc.) and on ground (one-on-one)
- Caring and understanding faculty and administration to help you succeed in your career and in your life.
- No boring online standard courses. Each course is interactive and was customized in house.
- Less expensive than most 100% on ground programs. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Career Services Department to assist you in career advice and career counseling.
- DEC Announces Hybrid Online Medical Assistant Program To Start Fall 2014 - MONESSEN, PA, JULY 17, 2014 – An exciting hybrid online Medical Assistant Program will start on October 2, 2014 at Douglas Education Center (DEC). The program seeks to service prospective students who are looking to advance their careers without a great disruption to their daily schedules. To learn more about this program, interested students should contact DEC’s Admissions Department at 1.800.413.6013. The hybrid online Medical Assistant Program is designed to […]
- Alumni Success: Breanna Swan - Compassion. Patience. Focus. A career in the medical field is a career in caring. DEC alumnus Breanna Swan says, “Learning how to be compassionate and sensitive toward patients and families who are dealing with serious conditions, injuries, or even past due bills, is essential in this field. Through compassion you can offer them a positive experience while helping them cope with their situations.” “Ever since I was a little girl, […]
- DMEDS: Medical Students Fundraise to Benefit Community - The medical students involved with DMEDS are truly men and women of action doing important work in our local communities. A medical student-run initiative at DEC, DMEDS provides students with an opportunity to engage in hands-on experiences with the underserved and vulnerable populations in the local community – experiences that can have a lasting impact. For the Summer 2013 semester, the students delivered 45 filled pencil cases and other classroom […]