Douglas Education Center welcomes students from abroad. If you reside outside of the United States, and are interested in attending Douglas Education Center, our Admissions Representatives will provide you with information on admissions, immigration, orientation, and student services.
International students drawn to Douglas Education Center come from many countries. In the past, we have had students from Columbia, Serbia, France, and Canada.
This school is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students (M-1 Visa). International applicants are required to submit the following application documentation:
• Request an application form from the Admissions Department or go to our website: apply.dec.edu to apply.
• Complete and sign the application form and mail it to the school. Application fee in the amount of $50 payable via money order or certified funds to DEC (in U.S. dollars).
• Complete official records of all students taken in each school attended, including secondary, which have been translated and certified. All official records should include years of attendance and grades for all examinations taken, certifying that the candidate has completed the equivalent of at least twelve years of primary and secondary education of high academic quality. Official records must be originals or copies certified by the appropriate official of the school attended. Documents which are in a language other than English must be accompanies by certified exact translations. To ensure that all academic records for all international students are official and accompanied by certified official translations (if in a language other than English), DEC will direct each prospective international student to a specialized third party company to process translations and verify all documentation. The third party will process any translations and verify that all education is at least the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. The financial responsibility for this third party certification / translation rests on the student and/or his or her family.
Optional: Official transcripts and course descriptions from colleges, universities, technical, and professional schools. If submitted, DEC requires the third party to also translate and certify that these records are official.
• TOEFL scores evidencing written and verbal proficiency in English (if the applicant’s native language is other than English). To qualify for admission, applicants must score a 400 (paper version) or 97 (computer version) on the examination. Note: DEC reserves the right to require an admitted student to make up English deficiencies at his/her own expense and, possibly, without credit.
• Schedule an interview with the Admissions Department. Interviews may be conducted in person, via telephone, postal mail or e-mail. Prospective students are encouraged to visit DEC. School tours may be arranged by contacting the Admissions Department.
Douglas Education Center
Attn: Admissions Department
130 Seventh Street
Monessen, PA 15062
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Successful completion of the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Examination with a minimal score of 17. A maximum of 3 attempts will be granted.
• Data obtained is evaluated by the Admissions Department and determination is made if the applicant will benefit from our training. If it is determined that the applicant could benefit, then he/she is accepted; otherwise, he/she is not accepted. The application fee is fully refundable if the applicant is denied acceptance.
• Documentation evidencing medical insurance during your entire period of stay in the United States.
• Documentation evidencing the student’s financial ability to pay for his or her education and support himself/herself while attending school at DEC.
• Sign an Enrollment Agreement. This represents a contractual agreement between the student and the school.
• Those accepted will receive a formal letter of acceptance.
• Must meet with the Director of Admissions regarding Form I-539 at the beginning of second semester.
M-1 Visa must be extended after twelve months course of study (I-539 filing fee paid for by student).